- Trip Itinerary
- Book Now
Mountain Meru is the third highest peak in Africa and is the second highest mountain in Tanzania at 4,568m. The mountain is located within Arusha National Park, Tanzania’s gem. This prime location gives trekkers the chance to spot some of wildlife that inhabits the area. The ascend is quite steep, the route to the summit passes over streams, through parkland, montane forest, a giant heather zone and moorland. The summit is reached by a narrow, barren ridge, which provides stunning views of the Ash Cone lying several thousand feet below in the crater.
Arusha - Mariakamba hut
After breakfast depart Arusha about 8:30am drive to Momella gate. Make payment and start the climb with picnic lunch to the first hut called Miriakamaba hut.
Dinner and overnight – Miriakamba hut (3 ½ hrs)
Mariakamba - Saddle hut
After breakfast. Proceed with a climb to second hut called Saddle. This is too steep part compared to the first part (2 ½ ). During the afternoon, client can decide to attempt climbing little Meru peak and back. ( 1 )
Dinner and overnight – Saddle hut.
Saddle hut- Summit - Saddle hut
Wake up at middle-night and have a cup of tea before starting attempt big Meru peak. Proceed to summit crossing rocky path and back to Saddle hut for full breakfast. The day will be spent resting .
Lunch, dinner and overnight at Saddle hut.
Saddle Hut - Arusha
Leave Saddle hut and descend down to Momella gate via first hut (Miriakamba) where you will be transferred to the place of your choice, either Moshi, Arusha or Kilimanjaro airport.
- Professional Mountain Guide
- Meals-breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Drinking water
- Entrance and hut fees
- Transportation to park gate returns
- Accommodation on Mountain huts during trek
- Lunches, dinners and drinks at your hotel before and after climb.
- Travel insurance.
- Portable flush toilet with a toilet tent is available for extra charges $ 70 for the entire trek.
- Laundry (Available at hotel).
- Personal items and toiletries.
- Tips for guides, porters and cook