Materuni is one of the few villages of wonder in Northern Tanzania sitting at the foot of Mount Kilimanjaro. The village is blessed…
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
ACTIVITIES TO MATERUNI WATERFALLS
- You pass through coffee and banana plantation.
- Chance of meeting a variety of primates including Black and white Colobus monkeys.
- Explanation about local people/life and tradition of Chagga people
- Enjoying the nature of the slopes of mount Kilimanjaro
- Explanation of different flowers
- Visit the waterfalls, get explanation and enjoy swimming if you like to.
- Hiking up to the boundary of mount Kilimanjaro national park 2400m
- You will learn how to make local coffee and drink your own made coffee
- You will learn how to make local beer if you like
- The best view point for the snow peak of Mt. Kilimanjaro if not covered by clouds
MATERUNI WATERFALLS AND COFFEE TOUR
Your guide/driver will pick you up in Arusha around 7 am and drive for 2 hours to Materuni village. After you’ve registered at the village office, your adventure can start.
First on the planning is a visit to the waterfalls. You’ll walk for about 45 minutes over narrow paths through lush vegetation. On a clear day you might see Kilimanjaro, but even if you don’t we’re sure you won’t be disappointed. The scenery is stunning and your guide will give you a first introduction to Chagga culture and habits. There’ll be time to rest at the waterfall, or even a swim if you’re brave enough to face the cold water.
Later on you’ll walk back to the village over a partly different path, which again will take around 45 minutes. You’ll continue your day with a coffee experience. Your guide will explain more about how the coffee beans are grown, dried, roasted etc. But that’s not all! You won’t just get the explanation, but also the opportunity to execute every step by yourself, while the locals are singing and dancing all around.
After all this hard work you deserve a nice lunch, and the local ‘mama’s’ will be more than happy to prepare some of their favorite Chagga dishes for you. Banana stew, pilau or rice and beans are only a few of the options.
Once you’ve finished your meal and coffee it’s time to leave and your guide/driver will take you back to Arusha.
- Proficient English or Germany speaking guide
- All tours and entrance fee per person
- Lunch box
- Mineral clean water
- Pick up to the hotel and drop off to the hotel after the tour
- Personal items
- Gratuities & tips for mountain guide
- Airport transfers.
- Hotel accommodation in Arusha.